Support Rural Nepal with Amazon Smile (For Free!)
Did you know you can support our work in rural Nepal when you shop on Amazon, and it won’t cost you a penny more? When you select the Colorado Nepal Alliance as your preferred charity on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com), they will donate 0.5% of your purchase to support our programming in rural Nepal. It takes less than a minute to set up, and won’t cost you a thing.
Amazon Smile in Two Easy Steps:
Step 1. Select Colorado Nepal Alliance as your preferred charity: Just click the banner below to tell Amazon that we’re your preferred charity. (You might need to sign-in to your account so that Amazon remembers your choice.):
Step 2. Shop from Smile.Amazon.com: From now on, just remember to type smile.amazon.com into your web browser every time you start shopping on Amazon. It’s the exact same Amazon, with the exact same prices, only Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase total to us. You’ll know it’s working if you see the words “Supporting: Colorado Nepal Alliance” below the Search box on Amazon’s homepage.
Quick tips for using Amazon Smile:
- If you use a bookmark to get to Amazon, you’ll want to change your bookmark from amazon.com to smile.amazon.com. (Or create a new bookmark right now by following this link to smile.amazon.com, then pressing Ctrl-D on your PC or Command-D on your Mac.)
- If you want to be sure you’re always supporting us, but you’re worried about remembering, you can even install a browser extension to redirect any www.amazon.com page to the identical page on smile.amazon.com:
- Get the Chrome extension here. It’s easy, and it works great.
- There is a Firefox extension here here that you can try. Note that you need to be logged-in to Amazon first for it to work.
- There’s even one for Safari, called KeepOnSmiling, that you can read about here.
Thanks so much for all that you do for the people of Nepal!